There are times when Jon just can't control his anger and in that moment he will either throw or destroy something. The photo of the broken chair was that moment. You see his shadow in the picture looking at what he did. After his anger is spent he shows remorse when we sit him down and talk to him about it. The ceiling tile was not so much an angry moment..he likes to pull or rip on stuff. He does that with other things, he especially likes ripping paper off drywall.
Jon should have a job in demolition..would someone pay him for this??
I think that he should have some wallpaper in his shed. Wouldn't that be kind of fun to paper over the paper every so often and let him go for it.
ReplyDeleteIt reminds me of a Curious George book I read to the grands. Curious George can't stand to wonder what is gifts. .packages and loves to open things. On one occasion he strips the entire bathroom of its wall paper while the man with the yellow hat is in the other room.
Again ..I so admire you in so many ways.
I have seen rolls of wallpaper at the Thrift Store..I need to buy those! Thank you Lovella for that great idea!
ReplyDeleteIt's rather symbolic, the peeling of the drywall paper...it seems that the people in Jon's world have peeled back the TS coverings to see what's really underneath. There's all this frustrating TS on the outside, but underneath it all, there's a really wonderful Jon. Honestly... I've wanted to break a chair sometimes too!
ReplyDeleteSo have I Karen..so have I!
ReplyDeleteAnd oh yes he can be wonderful and he has a great sense of humour when he's not battling issues.
I would break chairs too! I remember being so frustrated when someone had locked me in the outhouse.. I rolled toilet paper into the hole... why? just because I had to do something that was not ordinary... it was fun to be wasteful and control something.
ReplyDeleteOh Anneliese I would have panicked being locked in an outhouse. Wondering what I would do??
ReplyDeleteI thought the same thing, wall papering his shed would give him something new to do in there :)
ReplyDeletewhich one of us in all honesty hasn't wanted to throw and break something, I sure have!!!!I love Jon's stories through your eyes :)
I have bought the wallpaper! Soon the shed will be sporting a new look..it may not be for long:)
ReplyDeleteYes Char who hasn't?? And esp if you couldn't speak to say how you are feeling!
Decorating 101. Make sure you show us pictures after you wall paper the shed. I cannot imagine not being able to express myself.....Jon is so blessed to have loving and understanding parents. I've had times I'd like to through something really hard....and I am able to express through words. Love that boy of yours! :)
ReplyDeleteRight on Kathy..I do hope to get a picture before the wallpaper comes down. Aww so sweet that you love that boy of ours too:)
ReplyDelete