Jon's staff made up Christmas cards for Jon to give away this year.
After he opened gifts he wanted to eat and when he discovered the perogies and cream gravy he gave me a big smile..that is all he wanted!!
Once everyone left he got changed into pj's and I tucked him into bed and prayed with him. Throughout the prayer he leaned his forehead against mine..aww:) He was too excited and didn't sleep well, he came to our bed every hour, poking me till I came to tuck him in again. In spite of not sleeping well he was up early and had a great day. We took him home late afternoon, I think he wasn't quite ready as he had hidden his backpack in the farthest corner of our bedroom closet:)
And that was our 2011 Christmas with Jon!
Oh Betty.....you are a tender and loving mom. I love how you all think of what Jon likes....that is what counts....we all want what we like:) You brought a tear to my eyes as you shared about your tuck in time and prayer.....you share something so very precious......that only your heart really understands as Jon's mom. Blessings on you dear Betty. Your 2011 memories are worth documenting.....but I know that in your heart are treasures.
ReplyDeleteSuch tender moments and with a son, i love how he enjoyed his family time this Christmas, and all that comes along with that, like cream gravy :)
ReplyDeleteI was hoping you'd post 'Jon's Christmas'. I love the Jon gifts. So glad it was a special time for Jon...and for you all. Blessings in 2012.
ReplyDeletePS I like Jon's Christmas card!
What a sweet Christmas story. I've been following your posts on Jon for awhile and always look forward to the next one. I am blessed to work with kids with special needs both in school and church it is so heartwarming to see the special love you have for your son. Thank you for sharing his precious life with us.
ReplyDeleteThank you Kathy, Char and Judy..you are getting to know my son and I love your tender words:)
ReplyDeleteGayla..thank you for visiting and commenting. You are giving so much as you work with kids with special needs..bless you! That warms my heart.
Betty, it's so good for you to tell these stories. They tell of the love you share and the extent that love will go to make everyone happy. I love that he can express his joy and excitement and how you recognize and work toward that end.
ReplyDeleteJon wanting to re-experience you tucking him in .. choked me up! How precious that is ...
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that he was able to enjoy Christmas ... and you have him with you!
Prayerfully wishing you and your family a very special new year .. May the Lord grant you the fullness of joy in His goodness.
I love the story...reading it again and the photos are priceless.
ReplyDeleteAwwwww is right! That is just such a special and wonderful family Christmas! Perogies and the gravy, family time...of course he hid his backpack and didn't want to leave! Merry Christmas Jon!
ReplyDeleteJust catching up now, but it sounds like you guys had a fabulous Christmas! What a great time with Jon home, seems like everyone got what they needed from the 2 days. :)
ReplyDelete