Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Balloons

One might ask, what is it about balloons? Why are they so appealing to Jon? Why, after 36 years, are they still timeless to him?


And I think, I know the answer. 


Balloons are romantic. They are mysterious. They infer adventure, childlike enthusiasm, and wanderlust.


From the Beatles, to kids and clowns...


They are the great love of Jon's mind..


His love affair with balloons began long ago, way back when...


"Nobody can be uncheered by a balloon." - Winnie the Poo






10 comments:

  1. I think you nailed it Kaila...that is exactly how it is with Jon..balloons have always been a highlight in his life and his favorite are helium filled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Balloons are wonderful and now they have some special goop they put in helium balloons that make them last for up to 6 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does he love letting them go and see how far up they will go?
    I love that photo of the balloons on the stairway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does..first he 'bumps' them up on the ceiling for awhile then goes outside to let them float away watching till they are little dots in the sky:)

      Delete
  4. That is so great! Love all the different pictures with balloons. I think we can all relate though, a big bundle of balloons just makes a person smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the bright colours and the way they can be batted high up in the air, it's not surprising that Jon loves balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Balloons bring inspiration, life and fun to any party. And they make a loud noise when the pop...Bang and are we not all fascinated by that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the pics with Jon and his balloons and that Winnie the Pooh quote! A helium balloon defies gravity, it says, "I am going to go up. Nothing, not even the law of gravity is going to keep me down". I wonder if that is what Jon is saying on the inside..."nothing is going to keep me down"...I think so, after all, look who his mom is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH that is so fun! Who doesn't love a balloon. Why else would they be in every dollar store and florist?
    Fun post Kaila.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Balloons! I wish I had been the one to invent balloons... then I would be rich enough to buy as many as I liked!
    The Winnie the Pooh quote is impossible not to smile at... and Jon always brings a smile to my face as well!

    ReplyDelete