Who says pizza and shmaunt fat doesn't go together?? Don't knock it until you try it:)
Jon stuck his nose into the bowl just to be silly. I laughed and he smiled. But the minute he saw the camera he wiped the smile right off his face.
The good news I want to share is that another med has been added to help decrease Jon's seizures. The name of the med is mylan topiramate. It was started almost 2 months ago and since then Jon has not had any seizures!! He used to have at least a longer one once a week and often many little 'dropsie' type. Staff has noticed he is more alert and we have noticed the same.
When he was younger I taught him to point to his heart when I asked him 'where does Jesus live?' In the last number of years when I would ask him he would ignore me. Thursday when he was home for a visit I asked him again 'where does Jesus live?' Immediately he pointed to his heart. I was so pleased! I said you remember..and he smiled.
Oh that is good news, Betty.
ReplyDeleteCute story! I had to look up what Schmaunt Fat is - it's like a gravy, right? I think Jon showed you that he really likes it by putting his face in (he probably misses all your good home cooking). What a sweet thing you've taught him and so wonderful to see that he remembers it. So glad that his meds are working - must be such a relief to everyone. Thanks for your comments about the biscotti recipe!
ReplyDeleteOh Betty.. Jesus lives within his heart. How wonderful that the meds are helping him to think more clearly and are being effective with his seizures.
ReplyDeleteThat is good news to share, Betty! He must be feeling better too!
ReplyDeleteGood news, indeed!
ReplyDeleteI need a tissue to wipe my tears.
ReplyDeleteme too Charlotte
DeleteBetty, I can imagine how very delighted you are to be seeing less seizures. I'm teary! I also love the sweet blessing you had of Jon remembering where Jesus lives. A tender and precious story.
ReplyDeleteHe loves to be silly and I can see you and John smiling and being silly along with Jon.
This post choked me up, Betty !
ReplyDeleteHow special to be reminded that Jon's 'spirit' is not challenged in any way .. he can know Jesus as well as anyone!!
Your little pizza squares look like you swiped them off MY table ! I made them too for Christmas Eve .. just because the kids love them ! smile...
I had the same reaction as Julie - what a precious son you have and I'm praising God with you for the disappearance of the seizures. That's a gift for sure.
ReplyDeleteThose words are so precious Betty. Thank you for your inspiring words from Jon's life. May you feel God's peace and joy in the coming New Year 2014!
ReplyDeleteOne day.. you will be quicker with your camera than he is to wipe the smile off his face. So fun.
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord, His loving kindness of the Lord is everlasting.
ReplyDeleteI am happy to win my ex boyfriend back after 4 months of painful breakup ..
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome, For fast and reliable solution ………………………
I hope it helps.
Best relationship helper
{{Dr_mack}}@yahoo.com