Friday, November 19, 2010

Peanut Butter


Jon arrived for his visit yesterday afternoon sporting a nice haircut..thanks staff:) He seemed quite proud of it and smiled when I complimented him. He was also wearing a great smelling cologne and I told him so! I got smiles and his special hugs.

Most of the evening he was in an up and down mood. It started with eating as most of his 'mood swings' center around that. It didn't help that I was trying to take pictures of him and the flash from the camera was annoying him. By now I should realize that it's not a good thing. Sorry Jon..

He brought me the peanut butter jar from the pantry and asked for it to be mixed in with his supper. Yep he likes it with most any food. Well..the down mood struck and peanut butter was whipped against the wall..blobs of peanut butter flew everywhere. He then ran to his room and we had to be quick to help calm him down as 'things started to fly'. His moods see-sawed all evening. Sometimes these moods are an indication of seizure activity and he did have some 'dropsies' (mini type seizures) as we call them.

I was one tired mama by the time he went home.

Is that peanut butter I'm smelling?? The scent lingers..

5 comments:

  1. I've had to clean a lot of things off the floor and walls but never peanut butter. I'm learning a lot reading the posts here, Betty and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's not funny...but I love how you also identify as a family the humor that involves all of you.
    Betty and family...what a wonderful idea to blog your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how exhausted you get with Jon's active evenings. I just want you to know you are an awesome mom and I know Jonathan would agree whole hearted. We love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your love for Jonathan comes through, no matter what. I can just imagine the smiles at the compliments. I was just thinking, that living in a home and coming for visits is good in that it always gives a fresh start when he comes... and such a nice thing for him to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. makes us look like angels at times?? ;)

    ReplyDelete