Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Shed

Can you imagine having your very own retreat..to go there whenever you want to and to do as you please when you get there? This shed is that to Jon, it is his favorite place to hang out. It is bright orange and you can spot it immediately as you approach the yard. Jon has an old rocking chair in the shed and spends time there rocking and contemplating life. This is also the place where he stores an assortment of interesting things he treasures. Things like rubber snakes, pieces of broken drywall, a dryer hose and other odds and ends.
Truly his paradise!

10 comments:

  1. Does he enjoy it all year around? He's a trooper that boy. Don't we all need a place where we can call our own ..enjoy our clutter and things that mean nothing to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that he enjoys this little corner of his world...
    I know I like my corners to escape to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every man likes his own work shop.....looks like Jon has a very special place to call his own. I can imagine how relaxing this little retreat is for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that he has his own 'shed'! Every guy should have one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that picture looks welcoming...with all that green instead of white. does he still use it in the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah.. the shed. I'd heard about it and now there is a picture. It's a nice looking one. i wonder how it came about that he got his own shed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - I'd love a place like that to retreat to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Jon uses the shed year round but not as frequently in winter.
    As far as how it came about that he had his own shed..I shall tell that story sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many times have we heard about the shed. When I was a child, it meant a spanking...but this looks very different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing Jon's shed that we have heard so much about! I think Jon has things right - we all need a place where we can contemplate life, and think about what is important!

    ReplyDelete