Friday, September 16, 2011

Fun in the Country

Jon came to spend an afternoon with us in the country. Dad took him on trail rides with the quad. Mom took him walking through the bush looking for treasures. He found a piece of wood with an interesting shape and a long stick. He kept peering around for more things of interest. After some time of clomping through the bush we headed back to the shed. Of course he wondered if Mom brought food and of course she did..he sat in the screened porch and enjoyed a dish of enchiladas with 'shmaunt fat':)
It was a good afternoon and he went home smiling..carrying his treasures.

8 comments:

  1. Reading aloud this morning and when I got to the menu. ..we both just chuckled.
    Thanks for the peek at the shed! We never did get around to seeing that ...next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else would Jon have with his enchiladas?! LOL. Ummmm, were there any snakes in his collection of treasures? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks like he is giving a"thumbs up" on the picture. i love that jon knows what he likes, and schmaunt fat is it. he makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times...men on machines!
    Now I am craving some enchiladas for breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great he knows what he likes. That makes time together so much more special . . . when he goes home with a smile.
    I'm sorry, too, that we never looked at the shed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful picture. He liked it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that...enchiladas with Schmauntfat! That would make anyone smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, now that I learned what Schmauntfat is...I never knew what that word meant...except at the MCC weekend...it's sour cream gravy for Warenki!!!
    Looks like you all had a great day.

    ReplyDelete